Dr Sam Hazledine
One of the brightest young business minds in the country is coming to Rotorua to speak at a Rotorua X event on Thursday 21 May. Sam Hazledine – successful entrepreneur, business author and extreme ski champion – will present ‘Anything’s possible,’ the key elements of success for business and life.
This is a man who knows what he is talking about. He is the founder and Managing Director of Australasia’s fastest growing recruitment company, MedRecruit, which has featured in the Deloitte Fast 50 for four consecutive years. He grew the business from scratch to a turnover of $8 million in three years. Nine years on this has grown further to $35 million.
He has been recognised with many accolades and awards including The Ernst & Young – Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award and Sir Peter Blake Leader Award.
And to top it all off he still finds the time to be a committed family man.
Dr Hazledine is eager to come to Rotorua and share his inspirational journey with the business community. During the evening Sam will focus on the power of mindset, how to achieve high performance and giving your business an unfair advantage.
He will also talk about what he terms ‘fanatical balance’ and how to create excellence in what’s important be it personal, professional or family life.
“Ultimately my presentation is about lifting people’s sights so they can see what’s possible, and sharing what I’ve learned to help them get into that sweet spot, where success becomes inevitable,” Dr Hazledine said.
“I believe that success lies at the intersection of mindset and action; and it all starts with mindset but this is so often neglected,” he said.
“The first thing business owners need to do is become 100 percent clear on what they want to achieve. Most people set goals in their lives by asking “what can I achieve safely?’ The problem with setting goals this way, is that you are operating in your comfort zone.”
“A better question to ask is ‘what would excite me?’ This allows you to tap into the realm of ‘anything’s possible’. By setting your sights outside your comfort zone you can tap into your power to get there,” he said.
Darren McGarvie, Chair of Rotorua X said he was thrilled to host Sam Hazledine and couldn’t wait to hear his talk.
“Sam represents everything that Rotorua X was created for. We want to inspire, educate and connect the Rotorua business community. To have someone of his calibre speaking at our event is incredibly exciting,” he said.
“I am a huge fan of Sam’s book Unfair Fight and use it regularly in both Rotorua X’s programmes and with my own business coaching clients,” he said.
“Tickets to the event are limited and we expect them to sell fast. Be quick so you don’t miss out,” said Mr McGarvie.
Cost of the event is $49 for table seating with antipasto platters. Tickets can be purchased online now or at Atlantis Books from Monday 20 April.
About Sam Hazledine:
The Ernst & Young – Young Entrepreneur of the Year and Sir Peter Blake Leader is the founder and Managing Director of Australasia’s fastest growing recruitment company, MedRecruit, which has featured in the Deloitte Fast 50 as the fastest growing service business in the country.
Sam is the author of the best-selling business book Unfair Fight published by Random House Publishing.
Sam believes that success lies at the intersection of mindset and action, he is passionate about lifting people’s sights so they can see what’s possible, and sharing the lessons he has learned to get anyone into that sweet spot, where success becomes inevitable.
Sam lives in Queenstown, New Zealand, with his wife and two daughters.
- 2001 4th World Heli Challenge
- 2003 New Zealand Extreme Ski Champion
- 2003 New Zealand Overall Freeski Champion
- 2006 North Island Skier Cross Champion
- 2006 Started MedRecruit
- 2007 Winner Conway-‐Petrie Marketing award
- 2007 Finalist Cable Car Challenge
- 2008 Finalist Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2009 Finalist Vero Excellence in Business Awards
- 2009 Deloitte Fast 50
- 2nd Fastest Growing Business Overall
- Fastest Growing Business Services Business
- Achieved 857% growth in MedRecruit in three years, taking the business from zero to over $8m turnover
- 2010 Deloitte Fast 50
- Fastest Growing Business Services Business Otago Westpac Queenstown Business Excellence Awards
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Medium Sized Business of the Year
- Supreme Award for Business of the Year
- 2011 Published his first book ‘Head First – The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Doctors’
- 2011 Deloitte Fast 50 for third consecutive year
- 2012 Ernst & Young -‐ Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2012 Deloitte Fast 50 – regional fastest growing business services business and exporter
- 2012 SEEK SARA awards finalist
- 2012 Westpac Queenstown Business Excellence Awards
- Best medium to large business
- 2013 RCSA PEARL Award New Zealand winner
- 2013 AUT Excellence in Business Awards – finalist in leadership category
- 2014 Business book Unfair Fight is published by Random House
- 2014 Sir Peter Blake Leadership Award
- 2003 Graduated from Otago Medical School